Sunday 22 February 2009

I've recently been wondering what's wrong with young men in London, I've noticed a worrying tendency.

A few weeks ago I was at the SU bar, which (to my dismay) was putting on a karaoke night. There was a girl circulating the bar trying to find contestants, who eventually made her way to me and my friends.

Naturally, we made our excuses and refused to sing, as tempted as I was...

Then, as she walking away, my friends started admiring her. The words 'fit' and 'hot' came up, more than once.

Hang on a minute, this girl seemed nice enough but she was distinctly average, she wasn't overly pretty and she had very bushy eyebrows. She wasn't even wearing a revealing outfit, which can often fool us blokes. So what had they seen?

Then the penny dropped. She was posh. I've noticed it numerous times since, and when I thought about it, before that night. A lot of guys seem to be drawn in by nothing more than a home county accent. Indeed one of said friends' girlfriend is a vacuous, dull specimen, but she's got that oh so proper Kent accent.

A girl can have nothing going for her, but if she sounds like she may own a horse, go skiing at Christmas and say 'Daddy' instead of 'Dad', well that's all we go for, apparently. How depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment