Wednesday 25 February 2009

Thought for food

Pizza is great, a fine culinary creation. Versatile, tasty, relatively healthy and easy. Despite this I've never been convinced of pizza's greatness, it wasn't quite up there with prawns, risotto and bacon sandwiches.

I had a realisation today - pizza has a shortcoming (for me at least). I'm a bit of a hoarder, and this applies, in a fashion, to my food. I'm one of those people (although I'm not sure if there are others) who likes to save the best bit until last. When I get to the end of eating a good sandwich, I'll make sure the last bite is the soft middle of the slice. I don't want any crust polluting the final moment of deliciousness.

You can't do that with pizza though. Try eating a slice of pizza backwards, so you get the nice, soft, gooey bit from the middle last - it'll only end in tears.

And that is why I will never consider pizza a true giant in the culinary arena.

1 comment:

  1. agree with you, last part gotta be the best.
    and agree also for pizza not to be a toplist, and he's an italian guy telling you so you can believe it

    -bye-

    ReplyDelete